Billing & insurance
Everything about your visit to Manual Edge is made easy—and that includes billing. We’ve worked hard to make the process simple for you. Here’s how we do it:
- First, we verify your benefits for you so that we know how much your copay for physical therapy will cover.
- When you visit, we collect the copay and apply it to your account with us.
- We take care of submitting a claim to your insurance company so they are aware of your appointment. It can take the insurance company around 45 days to process a claim.
- Once it has been processed, we review the claim and let you know if you have a balance or a refund coming your way.
We participate as 'In Network' providers for many insurance companies though many patients choose to pay the 'Co-Insurance' differential due to our level of specialization and the resultant decreased need for treatment. We currently participate 'In Network' with the following insurance companies:
- Aetna Workman's Comp
- American PPO
- Ancillary Care Services (ACS)
- Beech Street
- Coastalcomp Health Networks
- Evolution Healthcare Systems
- Federal Workman's Comp
- First Health CCN
- Fortified Provider Network (FPN)
- Galaxy Health Network
- GEHA / PPO USA
- Global Medical Management
- Health Payers Organization LTD
- Independent Medical Systems
- Integrated Health Plan (IHP)
- Kaiser Permanente POS and PPO (PHCS)
- Multiplan / BCE
- National Preferred Provider Network (NPPN)
- Prime Health Services, Inc.
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Provider Select, Inc.
- Rockport Healthcare Group, Inc.
- The Reny Company
- Three Rivers Provider Network (TRPN)
- TLC Advantage, LLC
- Tri-Care Prime / Standard / Life
- USA Managed Care Organization
- Veterans Affairs (VA)
Manual Edge works with the majority of insurance carriers. If you are unsure whether or not we accept yours, or if you have questions about your benefits, please call our billing office at 719-694-8342.
Don’t let the stress of billing and insurance stand in between you and a pain-free life. We’re here to help you every step of the way.
Do you have a high deductible health plan?
If you’re wanting to seek care but you’re worried about the cost and not sure how your health plan works, you’re not alone. Navigating the healthcare system can be stressful—financially, emotionally, and physically. But as we know, putting off care now leads to needing more care later…and spending more later, as well. This is especially true of musculoskeletal injuries and conditions. It’s a fact that getting the right PT early results in less imaging, medication, and surgery.
Let us help you get the care you need without breaking the bank. We’re well versed in High Deductible Health Plans and have a variety of options at our disposal to ensure that you’re not putting off feeling better due to cost concerns.
Here’s what you need to know:
What is a high deductible health plan?
A High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP) is an insurance plan that requires patients to pay a large amount of their healthcare costs out of pocket before their insurance kicks in to help lighten the load. According to the IRS, in 2021, a health plan is considered an HDHP if….
- The deductible is $1,400 or more, for individuals
- The deductible is $2,800 or more, for families
Yikes. So how can Manual Edge help me?
At Manual Edge, we’re committed to providing our patients with the highest quality care, and that doesn’t just mean on the treatment table. We’re always searching for options to make physiotherapy a reality for each and every one of our patients, regardless of their financial situation. Thus, we offer a variety of affordable payment and financing options, including:
Flexible spending accounts & health savings accounts
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) and Health Savings Accounts (HSA) are a great option for those looking to use pre-tax dollars to pay for physical therapy.
Flexible Spending Accounts are set up through your employer and must be used by the end of each enrollment year. Health Savings Accounts allow you to spend money on qualified health expenses or medical costs not covered by your insurance. There is no deadline for withdrawing funds from an HSA, and unlike FSAs, anyone can set one up. All plans are different – it’s best to contact your insurance provider for details on eligibility and benefits.
Accepted insurance plans
We accept a variety of health insurance plans for patients needing musculoskeletal care. We’ll work with you and your health plan to make the payment process as easy and hassle-free as possible. For more information or questions on coverage, please contact your insurance agent or give your local clinic a call.
The therapists at Manual Edge are specialists, not generalists, which means you get results in fewer visits, saving you time and money. In fact, care at Manual Edge costs 67% less than the national average.
The bottom line:
Don’t delay or avoid physiotherapy due to your high deductible plan. If you have questions about your specific plan, payment options, or the Care Credit process, let’s discuss it! Our friendly, knowledgeable billing team can help.